Kat Merkalenko's Top Eastern European Food Picks in London
1. Mari Vanna - "If you’re after an authentic Russian experience, head to Mari Vanna in Knightsbridge. Plenty of Eastern European classic comfort foods on the menu and the décor will transport you to your Russian grannies country house you never knew you had."
116 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7PJ, UK
2. Bob Bob Ricard - "Reasons to go to Bob Bob Ricard – you order champagne by pressing ‘press here for champagne’ button. The end."
1 Upper James St, Soho, London W1F 9DF, UK
3. Zima Bar - "Yummy Russian street food and drink in a kitsch speakeasy-style atmosphere."
45 Frith St, Soho, London W1D 4SD, UK
4. Little Georgia - "A little hidden gem of a restaurant and cheap too. Best for Georgian wine and Acharuli Khachapuri – flatbread filled with melted cheese and topped with a runny egg, the stuff the dreams are made of."
14 Barnsbury Rd, London N1 0HB, UK
5. Baltic Restaurant - "Based in a converted carriage works from the 18th century, you not only get the hip interior with hearty Polish, Russian, Hungarian and Central Asian food but also mighty 70 varieties of vodka served in frozen glasses."
74 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8HA, UK