Michael Schupak's Grab-N-Go Favorites
1. La Rosticceria - "Hidden in the back of Eataly is a butcher counter that makes the best Prime Rib Sandwich I’ve ever had. Sometimes, less is more. Prime Rib, salt, pepper, and olive oil is all it takes. You won’t be disappointed. FYI –no seating, recommendation is to walk across the street and eat outside at Madison Square Park."
Eataly, 200 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010
2. Glaze – "Chicken/Steak/Pork Teriyaki. This hole in the wall lunch/dinner spot was my go to place when I lived on the UES. If you like teriyaki this is a must try. Also – for those who like it spicy, they know how to bring the heat."
638 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022 and other locations
3. Luke's Lobster - "I prefer a lobster role that has large chunks of lobster, lite on the mayo, and a soft buttered roll. Luke’s gets each of these spot on."
93 E. 7th Street, New York, NY 10009 and other locations
4. Artichoke Pizza – "I won’t do the slice an injustice by trying to describe it. One slice of artichoke pizza will fill you up. If you refuse to eat artichokes (shame on you), give the crab cake slice a try."
111 Macdougal St, New York, NY 10012 and other locations
5. Roast Kitchen – "You know the drill, pick a starch/salad, protein, mix ins, and dressing. Looks like your typical NYC lunch spot but I find Roast kitchen is a step up above the competitors when it comes to fresh ingredients, serving size and most importantly, taste."
423 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10017 and other locations