Jenel Chesley's Guide to Atwater
1. Proof - "Insane bakery. Buttery rich beautiful croissants and perfect quiche, cappuccinos and cakes, etc. And they are QUICK & friendly. Very not LA in that way. Reminds me of Tartine in SF. Love it. Don't bring a stroller. No room."
3156 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90039
2. All'aqua - "Perfect neighborhood new Italian. They have one of those trendy wood pizza ovens that are undeniably great. Bar is open late & they serve until 11 during the week, later on weekends. Really nice rotating wine list. Beautiful pastas & veggies. I'm also a fan of sharing the Delmonico steak. My mid-city neighborhood jam used to be Mozza pizza & this totally feels like an equal trade."
3280 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90039
3. Dune - "I could go here every day. Delicious, simple middle eastern food. My favorite is actually the pickled beet sandwich on ciabatta bread & their perfect Indian chai tea on a cool day or mint lemonade when it's hot. I hear there is a new fried chicken sandwich on the menu that is just beyond, but haven't tried it yet."
3143 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90039
4. Avion Clothier - "Secret store half connected to treehaus but not related. Singer Andrew Birds wife opened this super chic little boutique. It's the little store that represents what my dream closet looks like. Get involved. Weird hours - check in first before making a trek."
3153 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90039
5. Individual Medley- "Literally, all the things I want to buy. Beauty (Aesop, RMS, Rodin, etc), gorg pottery, men's, beautifully curated baby section, women's clothing - lots of linen and other sensible canyon gems, some hats and cook books... all just great."
3176 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90039