Coffee in Charlottesville with Amanda Maglione
1. Mudhouse Coffee on the Downtown Mall - "Always packed with smart people studying, talking, reading, although the line is never long. The best Iced Mocha in Charlottesville! They make their own whipped cream and shave Ghirardelli chocolate on top! Of course, it's a great location for hanging out since it's on the Downtown Mall, with seats inside and outside. Also love that they feature local art on their walls."
213 W Main St, Charlottesville, VA 22902
2. Shenandoah Joe - "Better known as "Sho Joe's," this is the place to go for amazing pour over coffee. Choose from their large selection of Single Origin "Microlot" coffee. It takes a little extra time (about 4 minutes I'd guess) to wait for your personally brewed cup of coffee, but it is SO worth the wait!"
Ivy Road location 2214 Ivy Road, Charlottesville, VA
3. C'Ville Coffee - "If you have kids, this is the coffee house for you- good coffee, espresso drinks and food, including a play area for kids with a huge wooden turtle sculpture which kids climb up and slide down, and a bucket of toys. Great place to unwind with a cup of coffee while your kids run wild for a half hour. The kids friendly room is separate from the quieter, more adult friendly room, which also has live music sometimes. Plus, it's across the street from Circa- head over there afterward for some antiquing/vintage/2nd hand furniture/decor hunting!"
1301 Harris St, Charlottesville, VA 22903
4. Blue Moon Diner - "Love this old diner - cool atmosphere- decades of interesting things collected on their walls and windowsills. Great food, but more importantly, the coffee they serve is NOT your average diner coffee! It's Trager Brothers Coffee (Blue Moon Blend), roasted nearby in the Blue Ridge Mountains."
512 W Main St, Charlottesville, VA 22903
5. Shark Mountain - "Shark Mountain is a coffee shop in the entrance to a coworking space in the IX Studio by IX Art Park. Not a lot of people know about this place, but they are totally open to the public, and it is a nice clean, modern space, with knowledgeable baristas. They roast all of their single-origin coffees in-house, and they also make their own single-origin chocolate bars in-house. So when you're down taking in the kooky vibe of the IX Art Park or eating some delicious Brazos Tacos in the same building, pop on down for some Shark Mountain Coffee! Coffee and espresso drinks are fantastic."
969 2nd St SE, Charlottesville, VA 22902