Coogee to Bondi with Illustraitor James Gulliver Hancock
"An amazing introduction to Sydney’s beaches, if I were here for a day this is what I’d do, take your swimmers and towel and a picnic and swim at every beach "
1. Coogee Pavilion - "When you reach Cooggee, this is the place to stop. Amazing wood fired pizza and if you’ve got kids you can let them loose in the play area and giant scrabble out the back while you sip a cocktail."
169 Dolphin St, Coogee NSW 2034, Australia
2. Wylie’s Baths - "On the South end of the beach are especially lovely, and large."
3. Gordon's Bay - "Brooklyn by the beach, if you like tattoos and scuba diving, this is your place. Nothing to eat or drink down here, so take a picnic and find a spot on the rocks. I’d take olives, cheese, and red wine and pretend I’m on the Amalfi Coast or a Greek island. "
4. Clovelly Beach - "Bring your snorkel and look for the big groper and all the other little fish swimming around, it’s like a big fish tank down there!"
5. A Man and His Monkey Cafe - "a little ways up the hill from the beach, but a lovely little local with a slight Turkish vibe coming from delicious pomegranate and orange juice."
149 Clovelly Rd, Randwick NSW 2031, Australia