Suzy Gerstein's Upper West Side
1. Magpie - "A little boutique featuring eco-friendly gifts, stationery, home decor & accessories. The shop's lovely owner, Sylvia, searches high and low for treasures - many of which are handmade and local- and is incredibly knowledgable about each product and line she stocks. They also have stellar greeting cards and a glorious selection of one-of-a-kind jewelry."
488 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10024
2. Jin Ramen - "Delicious Ramen, reasonable prices and the best Shishito Peppers I've tasted (I think they do something with a yuzu crunch / salt mixture on top that is out of this world)."
462 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10024
3. Pilates at Groundfloor Exercise - "A most necessary indulgence/ torture. Amazing instructors. Quiet- it's like working out in a NYC brownstone - kind of because you are. And I like that the decor is unfussy and the general vibe in the place is unpretentious."
139 W 72nd St, New York, NY 10023
4. Santa Fe - "Off the beat and path, professional staff and killer margaritas (frozen, salt for me and rocks, salt for my husband. Shirley Temple for our son)."
73 W 71st St, New York, NY 10023
5. American Museum of Natural History - "May seem obvious but there are so many incredible nooks to explore in this gem of a NYC landmark. Lately we have been partial to the hall of birds and gemstones."
Central Park West & 79th St, New York, NY 10024