GQ Editor Lucy Armstrong's NYC Ice Cream Shops
1. 16 handles - "Frozen yogurt has been a favorite of mine for years and 16 handles really has my heart."
153 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10003
2. Snow days - "I'm loving green tea everything these days and Snow Days is Asian style shaved ice cream. It's amazing!"
241 E 10th St, New York, NY 10003
3. Mikey Likes It - "Classic cream ice cream, this place is the real deal. You can also sandwich your ice cream between red velvet waffles and then immediately fall into a food coma."
199 Avenue A, New York, NY 10009
4. Ice and Vice - "Surprisingly, I'm usually pretty safe (and boring) when I pick ice cream flavors. This place brings out my inner weird, with lots of experimental flavors. They're a pretty fancy place all around, with a variety of cone flavors too!"
221 E Broadway, New York, NY 10002
5. Cha Cha Matcha - "I will seek out anywhere that has green tea ice cream. This place is a whole heaven of matcha everything! I ll say yes to anything close to Little Italy, just so I can go by and get soft serve matcha ice cream!"
373 Broome St, New York, NY 10013