Shawn Brydges's NYC Food & Drink
"75% of my job is taking people for food and drink."
1. Tygershark - "BEST Korean i've ever had, with a wine list that includes a chilled sardinian red. super pared down, interior and the NICEST waitstaff and bar tenders i've come across in a LONG time. TOTALLY AWESOME."
581 Vanderbilt Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11238
2. Le Turtle - "It's a little pretentious on the design side, the chicken, oven roasted on a bail of hay is incredible, and they really know their wine. it's a nice break from the "old timey" when you're on the lower east side."
177 Chrystie St, New York, NY 10002
3. Lead Belly oyster bar - "Any place that serves a scotch egg is okay in my book. It's comfortable, they're super nice and there's enough room to spread out if you're a group."
14 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
4. Mr. Fong's - "Deep china town bar, owned by a group of "dude" friends and it shows, super easy, cheap drinks and amazing looking bar, the place you take out of town people to feel really new york...like if the Old Max Fish and Indochine had a baby and raised it non gender in china town. ; )"
40 Market St, New York, NY 10002
5. Bemelmans Bar in the Carlyle Hotel - "A giant departure from downtown cool, the mural of Madeline in four seasons and dark leather banquettes FULLY put you in the New York that doesn't exist anymore. SUPER chic. when you order a martini, it's perfectly chilled and comes with a "dividend" which is basically ANOTHER martini packed on ice: do NOT operate heavy machinery after this visit."
35 E 76th St, New York, NY 10075